Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNS Sites

For the SNS project I'm choosing to do the video game counter strike 1.6, and the MR2.com forums. Counter Strike 1.6 is a game that has been around since 1999 and despite being over 11 years old, it is still heavily played and considered to be a classic game. That being said, the game's community has had more than  its fair share of time to mature and become stable. I think it will be interesting to look at the community of one of the longest running and most popular first person shooters made. The way that the game is set up you join servers that are typically paid for and maintained by a clan. I have 2 main servers that i play on and would also like to use the clan's forum to flesh out the community if need be. The other website is for the Toyota MR2, a rare and unique car that i own and love. I've been active on this message board since 2009, so I have a pretty good idea of the forums livelihood, and member involvement is very high. In the past i have been working on my car and gotten stuck at some point, so I would go inside and make a post, and typically thirty minutes later I would have at least one answer, with step by step instructions and pictures. that's some pretty unbelievable response time and involvement. The site is mainly for maintenance help, buying/selling, and showing off your car; a generally more helpful community that Counter Strike so I'm hoping the two will contrast nicely.

1 comment: